According to this law, energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only it can be transformed. Thus the sum total of all the energies in the universe remains fixed. This is a fundamental law of nature Which is called the law of conservation of energy. Read in Hindi
In fact, energy is not destroyed, only transformed. When energy disappears in one form, the same amount of energy appears in other forms or forms. Thus, when one system loses energy, the other system gains such energy that the total energy of both the systems remains constant. Some examples of energy conversion are given below-
Examples of The law of conservation of energy
- When the water of the dam is dropped from a high height in an electric power generator, its potential energy is converted into kinetic energy, in which electrical energy is generated.
- In filling the key in the clock, it is stored in the form of potential energy in its spring.
- In cells, chemical energy into electrical energy, light into electrical energy, electrical energy into thermal energy in an electric-heater or furnace, electrical energy into mechanical energy in an electric motor or fan, electrical energy into a loudspeaker into sound energy, a dynamo Mechanical energy is converted into electrical energy.
- In the transformation of energy, a part of the energy is transformed into a form in which we cannot take advantage. This part of the energy is wasted. This is called wastage or dissipation of energy.
- Example – Due to the generation of eddy currents from the core of the transformer, the electrical energy starts dissipating into thermal energy.